|Cell P/N||Lexan||PVC||Open Bottom||Pump||Max °F||Volume||Lab setting||In-tank|
The PN: 800L Plating Cell has two compartments and are specifically designed for precision deposit stress measurements and is to be used in a laboratory. A dividing wall separates the cells into two equal sections. The dividing wall has flow holes between the two compartments to permit the solution to flow through both sections (Size 8.5″ x 9.25″ x 7.75″). One section is for using the Immersion Heater (PN:3046) and agitation by using the Submersible Pump (PN: 404 *Note: Once the pump is used it is to be stored in water). This cell offers a standard geometry with respect to anode size and positioning. Consistent anode to cathode spacing is maintained.
NOTE: During plating a test strip is exposed to a uniform current density along the legs of the strip. The plating test should be continued until the test strip legs deflect up to 20 units and with a target thickness that does not exceed approximately 100 microinches for the most accurate results. Very low stress may show only 1-2 units.
*NOTE: This cell is not to be used with Chrome solutions.
Plating Cell Features:
* Handles for holding the cell
* Made of Poly-carbonate (which is NOT recommended for Chrome plating)
* Is a self contained unit for Lab work
* Two anode pockets for 2 3/8″ (61 mm) x 2 3/8″ (61 mm) size anodes
* Leads to each anode from a central contact
* Is a divided Cell with two compartments with flow holes between the compartments (one for PN: 3046 Immersion Heater and PN: 404 Submersible Pump, and the other one for plating the test strip)
* PN: 404 Submersible Pump is included with the purchase of a PN: 800L Plating Cell.
* A clip assembly for positioning the test strip midway between the anodes.